Who we are:
Flowroute is the leading communications provider focused on answering the needs of developers, SaaS companies, and high-tech enterprises. Flowroute's unique technology and network services provide communications experts with unparalleled performance, transparency, and control of the voice and messaging communications that transform the customer experience.
Our organization embodies a unique culture that values a remarkably high level of collaboration and connection with our customers, partnering in our joint innovation. We are hungry to explore opportunities, create new things, and are inspired by collective creativity and boldness in the face of tough challenges. We actively nurture an environment where everyone is encouraged and expected to share their ideas and perspectives. We are a purpose driven organization that puts others first and honors our commitments to customers, teammates and ourselves.
Who you are:
- You have deep experience designing, developing, and scaling enterprise class SMS/MMS/SMPP messaging services.
- You have a solid background in VoIP technologies.
- You have experience with Jasmin Open Source SMS Gateway
- You are a Python wizard
- You are a full-stack developer willing to tackle any problem
- You are passionate about building software the "right" way and teaching that software craftsmanship mentality to others
- You’ve worked with cloud-based technologies like S3, RDS, and EC2.
- You have extensive experience with agile methods, and live and breathe things like TDD and Pair Programming.
- You have at least 8 years of experience as a full time Developer, and a degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, or in a related Engineering field. A graduate degree or PhD would be awesome.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand the needs of our customers
- Provide architectural direction for our world-class messaging solution with an eye toward scalability and redundancy.
- Contribute as a senior developer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, developers and testers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Ensure we deliver high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, TDD, continuous integration and code reviews
- Serve as a mentor and thought leader in continuously improving the team by sharing new technology/process opportunities, and best practices
- Stay actively engaged in the technology industry and understand how the evolving technologies can benefit our organization
- Create systems to connect seamlessly with our partner carriers
- Refactor existing systems to support future growth
What's in it for you:
- Competitive compensation
- Transit pass
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock Options
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Office snacks, drinks, lunches, and breakfasts (waffle Wednesdays!)
- Regular Hack Days – work on anything you want
Technologies you'll use:
- Couchbase and Riak
- Linux (Ubuntu, Debian)
- Twisted framework for Python